A CRITICAL ILLNESS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE IN THE GTA.
Recent statistics suggest that Canadians are more likely to experience a life changing critical illness than they are to die before the age of 75. That means that chances are you will go through at least one serious illness in your lifetime before you pass away.
For most people in GTA and throughout Canada, the medical diagnosis of a critical illness is simply the beginning of a long road.
Click here to watch video about the creator of Critical Illness Insurance Dr. Marius Barnard.
If you become ill, your emphasis should be on regaining your health and well-being.
Critical illness insurance in GTA provides a single payment benefit (certain terms apply) as the result of the diagnosis of one of the covered illnesses. It offers the policy holder choices for your recovery, and allows you to recover the way you see fit.
With a critical illness policy, your benefit may permit you to:
- Not have to withdraw money from an RRSP or other savings or investments. This helps keep your future secure.
- Continue to make payments on debts such as your mortgage or loans to ensure you don’t suffer financial hardship.
- select medication and treatments not normally covered by group, personal or government insurance plans. This helps ensure you get the best treatment, regardless of your current medical insurance coverage.
- help you to replace lost income so you have more choices – for instance, your partner can take time off work to help you.
- If you are self employed, then you may be able to preserve your business by hiring someone to operate it until you are able to return to work.
As with most insurance policies, not all GTA critical illness policies are the same.
That is why we always recommend that before you chose any critical illness insurance policy, it is important for you to seek out and consult a critical illness insurance professional and get proper advice and guidance. This will help to ensure that you select the policy best suited for your current condition and needs.
Contact our office for more information about Critical Illness Insurance.
This is a quick overview of our Critical Illness products, including key features, benefits, value and target markets.
|This is what a typical critical illness contract looks like.|
|Product Overview||Provides a cash benefit if a covered condition is diagnosed. This benefit can provide financial options to help with recovery.|
|Target Markets||Individuals with diverse needs such as:
Premiums are fully guaranteed.
|Issue Ages (age nearest)||
Special quote available for ages 61 - 65 on 10-year Renewable and Permanent (pay until age 100), and for ages 61 - 64 on Level.
|What Triggers Payment of Benefits?||Diagnosis of any one of the following covered conditions, subject to survival of a waiting period:
|When Does Payment Begin?||After survival of a waiting period is completed - usually 30 days following diagnosis (longer for some conditions).|
|How are Benefits Paid?||One-time cash benefit.|
|Benefit Maximum||Coverage bands:
|Optional Riders (age restrictions may apply)||